Great Garden Tips: November Checklist
- Southern gardeners, you still have plenty of time to plant perennials and shrubs.
- Cut back any perennials susceptible to disease over winter. Leave 3-5 inches standing to protect the crown.
- Avoid some fall clean-up to protect pollinators. Remove leaves from your lawn, but keep them in your garden beds.
- Have a compost pile? Give it a good turn before winter sets.
- Wash and disinfect all of your garden tools before storing them for winter.
- Southern gardeners have migratory birds to feed! Wash and refill your birdfeeders to welcome them to your garden.
- It’s not too late to plant spring bulbs (like daffodils, tulips, and hyacinths) if the ground isn’t frozen, but don’t wait much longer.