Great Garden Tasks: November 2023 Checklist
As we enter the fast-paced holiday season, it’s important to remember these final garden tasks to keep your garden healthy for the next growing season. From pruning disease-prone perennials to disinfecting gardening tools, here is our list of November gardening tasks.
- Keep watering your evergreens until the ground freezes!
- Southern gardeners, you still have plenty of time to plant perennials and shrubs.
- Cut back any perennials susceptible to disease over winter. Leave 3-5 inches standing to protect the crown.
- Avoid some fall clean-up to protect pollinators. Remove leaves from your lawn, but keep them in your garden beds!
- Have a compost pile? Give it a good turn before winter sets.
- Wash and disinfect all of your garden tools before storing them for winter.
- Southern gardeners have migratory birds to feed! Wash and refill your birdfeeders to welcome them to your garden.
- Give your houseplants as much light as possible and mist them with water occasionally.